Friday, August 3, 2012

Next Stop Everywhere

I meant to post this last week and did not get around to it:

  Next week I am off to Israel for 10 months. The main thing I will be doing is studying Jewish Texts at the Pardes Institute in Jerusalem. I never did a gap year program or studied abroad during college. This will be my first solo trip to another country. Luckily, I do speak the language, though many Israelis do speak English, and sort of know my way around Jerusalem.

 I will also be skyping with students from the religious school I have been teaching at for the past three years. This will supplement their Israel curriculum. Through stories, pictures and videos about my encounters with Israeli culture and people, I will give them a clearer picture of what it means to be Israeli and help create stronger ties to the land.

Oh! I will have a brief layover in London...During the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment