Sunday, March 6, 2011

Carla Sondheim's Drawing Lab

I didn't make it over to Etsy labs last week. However, I did watch Carla Sondheim's Drawing Lab, which can be found here: http://www.etsy.com/community. I tried following most of what Carla said on my first try (and my second...). By the time I got to my third I was done following directions. Carla did keep saying that they shouldn't be perfect and should all look different, so I decided that this meant I should absolutely do exactly the opposite of everything she said (Carla, if you somehow ever stumble upon this blog, I mean no offense). 
The picture of the dog I drew, is actually kind of scary and skeletal looking. 


My second drawing is of a cow and I think its cute, but I'll let you be the judge!


The third drawing of an owl, which I like the most, happened when I stopped following Carla's instructions. 

So sometimes the best art happens by accident! 

No comments:

Post a Comment